Membership and Fees
Any individual person or organisation having a professional interest in the Chinese economy shall be eligible for membership of the Association and may become a member thereof by making proper application to the Secretary of the Association and by paying dues as prescribed.
Classes of members
There shall be five categories of membership, namely:
- A. Full membership, those individuals involved in the study of Chinese economy;
- B. Student membership, those individuals who are attached as full-time or part-time students to educational institutions;
- C. Corporate membership, those organisations involved in academic and other economic activities related to China;
- D. Associate membership, those individuals and organisations invited by the Executive Board of the Association;
- E. Honourable membership, those outstanding scholars who have made significant contribution to research on the Chinese economy or to the affairs of the Association over a long period. Candidates for Honourable member is nominated by the President and approved by the Executive Board.
The benefits of membership
They include participation at the CEA(UK) conferences and seminars with reduced fees (or, sometimes, without fees); possible assistance towards travel expenses for student members and an annual subscription to the CEA(UK) journal - Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies.
Resignation of members
Any member may at any time submit his or her resignation in writing to the Secretary of the Association, which resignation shall become effective as of the date received by the Secretary.
Membership of CEA (UK) is by annual subscription. The subscription is normally made at the annual conference and runs from April to March. The subscriptions for 2009-2010 are set as follows:
|Student||£ 55||£ 55|
|Non-student||£ 135||£ 135|
|Corporate||£ 250||£ 250|
The above subscriptions include an annual conference fee, one year membership fee and four issues of JCEBS. Corporate membership allows up to four persons from the organisation to attend the annual conference. If you join CEA (UK) after the annual conference, a reduced fee will apply according to the membership categories.